Finding Help

Not sure where to turn? The following people and places can make referrals or provide diagnostic and treatment services:

  • Family doctors
  • Mental health specialists (psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers)
  • Religious leaders and institutions
  • Health maintenance organizations (HMOs)
  • Community mental health centers
  • Hospital psychiatry departments and clinics
  • University or medical school affiliated programs
  • State hospital outpatient clinics
  • Social service organizations
  • Private clinics and facilities
  • Employee assistance programs
  • Local medical or psychiatric societies

Additional Resources

Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS)

DMHAS administers recovery-oriented services in the areas of mental health treatment and substance abuse prevention and treatment throughout Connecticut, serving adults (over 18 years of age) with psychiatric or substance use disorders, or both, who lack the financial means to obtain services on their own.

Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH)

The goal of the DPH is to protect and improve the health and safety of the people of Connecticut.

Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS)

The Department of Social Services provides a broad range of services to the elderly, people with disabilities, families and individuals who need assistance in maintaining or achieving their full potential for self-direction, self-reliance, and independent living.

Connecticut Probate Court System

Probate Courts become involved in the lives of individuals incapable of caring for themselves and/or their property, and are entrusted with protecting the interests of these individuals. This trust is carried out by appointing conservators who are authorized by law to provide supervision and who are, in many respects, agents of the Court.

Mental Health Association of Connecticut (MHAC)

MHAC promotes advocacy, education, and provides Connecticut residents with residential, vocational, psychosocial, and case management services.

National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI)

A national organization "dedicated to the eradication of mental illness and to the improvement of the quality of life of those whose lives are affected by these diseases."

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)

SAMHSA promotes services that offer behavioral health support to individuals with mental and substance abuse disorders.

Contact Us

Phone: 203.723.4332 | Fax: 203.723.9250 175  Church St, Suite 202 Naugatuck, CT 06770

© Copyright 2018 Guardian ASL